Located along the St. John’s River, Deltona is a place of golden sunsets and wondrous nature. Previously known as Deltona Lakes due to it being located near the Lake Monroe, the city is mostly residential areas. It is a commuters-stop for people traveling to Orlando.
Places to visit:
- Blue Spring State Park: A famous spot for kayaking, this seasonal spot sports a warm spring too. It is also a famous spot for SCUBA diving
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens: This is home to many of the world’s endangered mammals and reptiles. A rope bridge and zipline system also give one complete mobility inside the area.
- Green Springs Park: One of nature’s artworks, this spot is a prime place for hiking and picnics. It also has a natural Sulphur spring.
- Zoom Air Adventure Park: Located on the outskirts of the city, this place hosts a lot of creative and exciting obstacles and also a thrilling zipline.
- Black Bear Wilderness Area: With trails leading into this area, this is a brilliant place for enthusiastic hikers.
- Lake Ashby Park: Pitch a tent, go fishing, or simply come by for a little picnic here. One is guaranteed to have a great time.
- De Bary Hall Historic Site: AS one takes the tour of the museum, one cannot help but get lost in the tales of the past.
Places to stay:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orange City: This hotel, located at a perfect spot, provides wonderful services not limited to free breakfast. It also has an outdoor pool.
- Cassadaga Hotel: Minimalist décor in mind, this relaxing and tranquil hotel sports a Spanish style architecture. It is rumored to be haunted. Go in for the thrill. An adult only hotel.
- Quality Inn near Blue Spring: Set in a minutes’ walk away from the Family Amusement park nearby, this place is the budget travelers’ friend.
- Daytona Beach Shores Hotel: A beachfront hotel, this place is just 15 minutes’ drive from the International Airport.